- What Is A Window Air Conditioner?
- What Is The Importance Of Keeping The Air Conditioner Clean?
- What Are The Best Window Air Conditioners?
- How To Clean A Window Air Conditioner?
- Buying Guide For Air Conditioner
Window-mounted air conditioners might not be the foremost aesthetically pleasing appliance, but there’s no denying they will be absolutely life-saving (trust me). the foremost basic function of window air conditioning is to attract hot air and blowback cool. Some modern models include automatic sensors and eco functions, which automatically shut off when space reaches a preset temperature.
These ACs usually include a lover setting also, which uses less energy because it isn’t utilizing a cooling function. This article will shed some light on questions raised by the customers such as how to clean a window air conditioner without removing it, what are the best window air conditioners, what is the best brand for window air conditioners, buying guide to buy an air conditioner.
What Is A Window Air Conditioner?
Let us start with the basics. So what do you think a window air conditioner is? Well, a Window air conditioner is sometimes referred to as a room air conditioner as well. It is the simplest form of an air conditioning system and is mounted on windows or walls. The window air conditioner is better than a normal air conditioner in terms of energy saving.
What Is The Importance Of Keeping The Air Conditioner Clean?
There are many useful things you can acquire if you can keep your air conditioner clean. A few of them are listed below:
1. Better Cooling:
A dirty air filter restricts air to flow freely in and out of the unit causing it to remain inside the unit itself. This may lead to frosting where the ice starts building up on the coils. With a clean air filter, you can expect higher cooling output and improved comfort levels throughout the hot season.
2. Extended Lifespan:
A clean air filter helps to stop dust from building up on the internal components preventing wear and tear. Cleaning your air conditioner regularly helps to increase its lifespan and delays the expense of having to replace your unit sooner than necessary.
3. Improved Working Efficiency:
As dust and dirt get deposited into the air filters and cooling coils, it becomes more difficult for the unit to produce the desired cooling effect. If you regularly clean your device’s air filter, your system will not have to work as hard to circulate cool air. Less energy used means spending less on your utility bills.
4. Better Health:
Apart from providing the comfort you need, a clean air conditioner has the added advantage of preventing dust and dirt from entering your house. If not cleaned regularly, the dust particles can build up on your ducts and filters that can lead to low indoor air quality causing headaches, fatigue, and other respiratory infections, which can prove to be especially uncomfortable for allergy and asthma sufferers.
5. Lower Energy Bills:
A dirty air conditioner needs more power to fuel it. The unit may have to work much harder in order to cool your house. Well-maintained systems do not have to work as hard to reach the desired cooling temperature, therefore a lower energy bill.
What Are The Best Window Air Conditioners?
Here are some best window air conditioners which you can check out if you are searching for the best at with affordable price:
- Friedrich Chill Premier 6,000 BTU Smart Window Air Conditioner with Built-in WIFI.
- Frigidaire FFRA0511R1E 5,000 BTU 115V Window-Mounted Mini-Compact Air Conditioner with Mechanical Controls.
- Midea U Inverter Window Air Conditioner 8,000 BTU.
- GE 5000 BTU air conditioner.
- Soleus Air Exclusive Over The Sill Air Conditioner 6,000 BTU.
- LG LW8016ER 8,000 BTU 115V Window-Mounted Air Conditioner with Remote Control.
- Friedrich Kuhl Series Room Air Conditioner 10,000 BTU
- LG LW1016ER 10,000 BTU 115V Window-Mounted Air Conditioner with Remote Control.
- Haier Serenity Series Quiet 6,000 BTU Window Air Conditioner.
How To Clean A Window Air Conditioner?
Here are a few easy steps you need to follow if you have any questions like how to clean a window air conditioner without removing it.
- Turn it off. Disconnect entirely from the wall.
- Remove the filter. Soak in warm soapy water.
- Remove the case. Wipe down with warm soapy water. This includes any detachable framing.
- Vacuum and wipe down. Any major areas that need some serious attention.
- Spray with warm soapy water. All over the interior, especially the fins.
- Softly brush/comb down the fins. Remove as much dirt/grime as possible. Don’t push on them, though!
- Leave everything to dry, then reassemble. Use your user manual if you get stuck.
Buying Guide For Air Conditioner
1. Range of Settings:
Larger units might have a digital thermometer, but we find that for compact models used to cool small spaces, this feature isn’t really necessary, and is often imprecise in any case. Instead, we look for a wide range of automatic temperature settings to give you better control over the atmosphere.
2. Programmable Timer:
Some air conditioners allow you to set the unit on a timer, which automatically turns on or off depending on the time of day. This comes in handy, for example, for automatically shutting off the AC when you leave for work, but starting up again a few minutes before you come home so you don’t walk into an oven. Some even include a sleep setting, which increases the specified temperature incrementally over a period of time, to keep you comfortable at night.
We always love a remote control, especially if your window unit is in an awkward or hard-to-reach spot. Some remotes even have their own sensors, which tell you when to increase or decrease the temperature without needing to be physically beside the unit.
There are some relatively small considerations that are easy to overlook, but we think to make a big difference in the end. Does the unit have a filter alert, for example, which reminds you when to change out the filter? We also think about how effectively the AC dehumidifies as well as cools, which plays a big role in your space’s comfort level. And you’ll want to consider noise level. The best air conditioners will keep you cool without keeping you up at night.
So to recapitulate, the air conditioner is a very important tool for every house or office during summer. And hope that from reading this article, you will understand how to clean a window air conditioner without removing it and what are the benefits of keeping a clean air conditioner.
Best Of Luck!!!